Friday, January 29, 2010

I'm Going to Disney World!

Not really. That's just what people normally say when they win a lot of money. No, I didn't win a lot of money either. I was just contemplating what I would do if I had an obscene amount of money like Oprah. Why was I contemplating this? I don't really know.

So, I once heard Oprah say that she has her sheets changed every other day (by a maid of course) because she just cannot stand it if her sheets don't have the crisp "just washed" feeling. This leads me down the rabbit hole for today's train of thought. What would I do if I made as much money as Oprah? (This is purely for fun, so no serious things like giving to the church, feeding the hungry, etc, will be included. Those are a given.)

1. I would only use fresh bars of soap. I love a big fresh bar of soap the first time you get it all sudsy.
2. I would have someone come to my house to wash my hair in one of those salon sinks every other day. The water is always the right temperature, they massage your scalp, and the Aveda products where I go are just amazing.
3. I would hire a really great photojournalist to take pictures at all major life events and then twice a year at random times to take family pictures.
4. I would hire a personal trainer like Bob or Jillian from the Biggest Loser to kick my butt every day in the gym.
5. I would build a Panera within walking distance from my house.
6. I would wear ridiculous amounts of diamonds all the time. (Diamonds match everything.)

Alright, now let me know what you would do...and be creative.

2 comments:

  1. 1. I would hire an event planner enthusiast to make me a schedule full of weekly entertainment and maybe even hire a part time nanny that goes out with us. (movies, hiking, concerts, dancing, exercise, all sorts)
    2. I would hire a personal trainer whose great at motivating & coaching. I would insist that they create me a workout schedule that included a variety of types of exercise to mix it up.
    3. I would hire a personal chef that would make me very appetizing yet healthy meals everyday.
    4. I would have a weekly massage done in a beautiful spa setting.
    5. I would drive a really nice big SUV that would be washed every week.
    6. I would bless people every week and do something or buy something special for them.
    7. I would have fresh flowers all over my house in most rooms every week.
    8. I would dress like a diva style fashionista and have a rockin wardrobe, always sporting the latest trends, including different hair colors & styles.
    9. I would pick up my favorite Jamba Juice and/or Starbucks probably almost every day and/or every other day.
    10. I would travel and take 2-4 day trips to somewhere warm and tropical probably every quarter.
    11. I would take more time off to go & visit my family and friends and/or fly them in for a few days.
    12. I would give a lot of money and time to charities that I believe in.

    Well, anyways, those are just some thoughts. Kind of fun to think about... "what I could do if cost wasn't an issue.." :)
    Amanda Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still thinking about this one...I'll post a response on my blog...it's fun to think about.

    ReplyDelete