Thursday, January 7, 2010

Puppy lessons

Believe it or not, I really think that God is speaking to me through the puppies. (Not audibly...I'm not that crazy.) David and I have been talking about this over the last week. Parents, you probably learned these lessons from your children, but we are learning from some slightly furrier babies.

Loving and caring for the puppies is not convenient. Just the potty breaks alone are enough to seriously put a cramp in our style. I began learning the lesson of loving when it's inconvenient when I fell in love with David. (Lol...just keep reading.) When you really care about someone, you are willing to sacrifice for them. This seems to be a lesson that I must continually learn because my self wants to be self-ish, but God wants me to be self-less.

Loving and caring for the puppies is unconditional. Even when they are disobedient--which is most of the time right now--I still want to care for them. I want them to be healthy, safe, and happy. I want their affection and companionship even when they have been bad. Ummm hello? If I feel this for some dogs, how much more does God feel it for every single one of His children? He loves us all the time, no matter what. He's so good to us, His little ones. AND He wants to be with us, even when we are disobedient.

Maybe while I'm working on training the puppies, they (and God) are really the ones training me?

No comments:

Post a Comment