Tuesday, January 19, 2010

These are my confessions (Usher style)

First: I apologize for being such a slacker over the past week or so. Confession--I've been feeling uninspired.

Second: 2010 Challenge from Remnant--not doing so great. I have trouble remembering to write down my one prayer a day and have not invited anyone to church yet. Confession--Maybe it's pride, but I don't feel like this should be so difficult for someone who has been a Christian for 8+ years now.

Third, I've been meditating a lot of the verse James 1:2-4. Not part of the Bible reading plan from the aforementioned confession, but I cannot get it out of my head. James says, "Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience/endurance. And let patience/endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. Confession--Like that usage of aforementioned? I have to use some fancy vocab once in a while because I'm pretty sure I'm getting stupider since I left college. See! I just said stupider. I don't think that is a word, but I'm not even really sure.

Third part 2, I have perspective. My life vs. someone in Haiti. My life is amazing. Don't get me wrong. It just seems like there has constantly been a trial for the past 2 or 3 years without down time. I would like some trial-less time, maybe a month even? Confession--I think the trial would even be more bearable if I knew what the perfect result will be. I'm not sure what I'm lacking exactly that I then am gaining from trials. What is this patience/endurance producing as an end result? If anyone understands this verse better, help a sista out.

Fourth, I have also been meditating on the Matthew 6:30-33, "For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on...But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." Confession--I still am worrying. It is just more subtle than it used to be. It is a challenge to seek His kingdom and righteousness above our own seemingly more immediate needs.

Fifth, Confession--I wish I had lyrics like Usher. I can't think of a poetic way to end this entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment