Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Tasty Results

Alright, so my Rachel Ray recipe was a huge success. Taking a picture of the meal? Not a success. David and I dug into the meal so quickly that I totally forgot to snap a picture of the uneaten food. It looked very pretty though...I promise.

David said, "This is the tastiest thing you've ever made." This is a high compliment in my book.

So, I told you last time that I had some planned modifications to the meal, but once I got cooking, I totally strayed from the recipe. Instead of mashed potatoes, I quartered the potatoes, mixed in some olive oil and a fresh clove of garlic, and baked at 400 with some salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. P.S. the clove of garlic should have been with the broccoli. I ended up just steaming the broccoli.

Really, the only part of the recipe that I actually did right were the meatballs. They were amazingly delicious with the tomato/pesto sauce.

So, huge thumbs up to the meal even though I can't follow a recipe to save my life. Thank you Rachel Ray, you helped me break out of my recipe funk and make the tastiest meal ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment