Friday, November 13, 2009

So Good to Me

Can I say that I love, love, LOVE the song So Good to Me by Cory Asbury? If you haven't heard it, it is a "must download." It just totally focuses on the goodness of God in our lives and all that He does for His kids.

If you are in a hard time, it will get you dancing. If you are in a good time, it will get you dancing. I was thinking today about all of the amazing things God has done in my life. He is so AMAZINGLY good. It is crazy to me to think how many people in the world are right now attributing bad things to Him. They think He is mean and punishing the world or just indifferent to suffering. Soooo not true. If you are struggling with those thoughts, take it from me (and the Bible!), that's not Him.

He's good all the time.
He's good when I'm not.
He's good when I feel it.
He's good when I don't feel it.
He's good when I see it.
He's good when I don't see it.
He's good in every way.
He's good-er than I can even imagine or know.

I really encourage you to start thinking and meditating on the goodness of God. (I have heard like every theological argument about why bad stuff comes from God, and when Christians especially make these arguments, they usually are not theologically sound in separating the way God operated in the Old Covenant vs. how He operates in the New Covenant. Want to know more? I'd love to share.)

How has He been good to you recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment