Monday, November 23, 2009

Pumpkin is a gift from God


Seriously. In combination with cinnamon and nutmeg, it is amazingly delicious. List of pumpkin-ness I enjoy: pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin cheesecake, and my #1 favorite....Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks.

I realize that I could really make most of these foods year round. Somehow, that seems like cheating fall out of one of its most glorious wonders. So, every year around the end of July I begin dreaming of all things pumpkin. Then, every year around the beginning of January I push aside the memories of pumpkin and try to think that I've had enough of pumpkin. In my heart, I know I lie to myself. There can never, never, never be too much pumpkin in my diet.
P.S. Pumpkin pie is a perfectly acceptable breakfast food. Crust=carbohydrates that are necessary for your body to function. Pumpkin=a very healthy vegetable for breakfast! Whipped cream=dairy that your bones need.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Have you ever had Pumpkin roll? That is my favorite...I love anything pumpkin in combination with cream cheese frosting.

    ReplyDelete