Monday, June 28, 2010

What's on your ipod?

Most of the time, my plane travel is mundane (like that vocab?). However once in a while, life throws me a little gem. The following events happened recently while I was flying to Oregon.

I was sitting next to a twenty-something lady. We were both reading and minding our own business. All of a sudden, techno music starts playing loudly in the row behind me. I assumed some teenager was probably behind me was enjoying their music. Being the world traveler that I am, I do not stare or comment on travel issues--I would spend all my travel time upset about something. Crying baby? It happens. Bad smell? It happens. Etc. Etc.

After about 10 minutes of techno without singing, the music transitioned to a techno version of "Don't You Wish Your Girlfriend Was Hot Like Me?" Now, if you are familiar with techno at all, you understand that most techno songs are REALLY long. After about 8 minutes of "Don't You Wish Your Girlfriend Was Hot Like Me," the girl next to me starts to fidget. I look over at her, and our eyes meet. We silently communicate, "Really? How much longer can this possibly go?" I notice the other passengers across the aisle starting to grow restless. I just couldn't help myself. I turned around....to see this guy--headphones on, staring straight at the back of my seat totally oblivious:



I busted out laughing as soon as I turned back around, and so did the girl next to me. I guess he thought his headphones were plugged into his ipod but really the music was playing out loud and not through his head phones.

HILARIOUS. I guess you just never know what is on someone's ipod. I am still laughing as I write this.

P.S. I secretly snapped this photo as we were standing up to deplane because I already knew I had to blog about my techno friend. Sneaky. :)

4 comments:

  1. That's pretty hilarious. This totally reminds me of the Honda guy that rides around campus bumping the most inappropriate music for his age. Gotta love plane rides.

    A few weeks ago, I was stuck next to this extremely hairy guy who had on a short-sleeved shirt. I tried my hardest to avoid touching his arms, but there was only one arm rest and I didn't want to be uncomfortable the entire flight. Ahhh...let's just say I was glad to finally be off the plane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is absolutely HILARIOUS!! I can't quit laughing right now either! Very, very funny! I bet he would have been totally embarrassed if he knew that everyone could hear what he was listening to. I guess we can never judge a book by it's cover, huh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samaria,
    I can just picture you trying not to touch the hairy arm...and I'm laughing at that too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The old guy was bummpin techno with a headset on his ears that was not plugged in? Wow...thats just extra funny!

    ReplyDelete