Friday, June 11, 2010

What am I going to do with my life?

So, it seems like just when I think I have things figured out...like I have laid out some kind of plan for myself, things change. Recently, I really thought I had a plan laid out for the next few years. I thought it was God's plan. Then, a new option came into the mix. I don't know if it's God, and I'm not sure how to know for sure. (Did that make any sense?) Maybe, I had one path decided and thought it was Him, but it was really just my "perfect" plan. What if God has something different that I didn't expect but will grow to love?

I feel like I have two sides to my life/personality/ambitions, and they cannot coexist. Like I'm Dr. Jekyll and Mrs. Hyde. One plan for Dr. Jekyll and one plan for Mrs. Hyde.

Sorry that I'm a little vague, but there are just some things that cannot go on a blog that anyone can read.

I know prayer is the answer to my issue, but I feel like on decisions like these I never hear very clearly. Does anyone else have that problem? How do you decide when you have big life choices to make?

1 comment:

  1. I've felt this so many times, Lara. I just remember that I'm not perfect, and God's grace is sufficent. That said... I pray, make the best choice I can, and jump in. We can't just sit by and let all the choices pass us by. Maybe God is giving you a few opportunities to choose from. As long as you aren't sinning and making an obvious mistake then just do your best. I don't think you'll ever know 100% unless God speaks to you specifically. How many times have I just wanted God to call me up on the phone and just tell me what his perfect will for me is! :)

    ReplyDelete