Monday, June 21, 2010

Food so good....

Restaurant review: Tommaso's Italian Restaurant

Yesterday, we ate at one of the best restaurants I have visited in many moons. Tommaso's Italian Restaurant is in a pretty seedy part of North Beach (aka Little Italy) in San Francisco--think many places for adults only nearby. We chose to ignore the surroundings in favor of the rave reviews. I am sooooooo glad we did.

We arrived at ~5:30 on a Sunday evening, and there was already a line out the door. Tommaso's has a pretty small dining room and does not take reservations. So, I recommend you go early to avoid a long wait. We were seated around 6pm, and it was very worth the 1/2 hour standing in a crowded entry. David and I split a small pizza with italian sausage and a bowl of spaghetti with meat sauce. The pizza at Tommaso's has been voted the best in San Francisco multiple times, and it is certainly the best I have tasted--maybe anywhere. You could taste the fresh wood-fired dough, amazing cheese, home made sauce, and mild italian sausage simultaneously. The meat sauce on the spaghetti was rich and had deep flavors...so refreshing in a day when most restaurants dump Preggo on noodles.

Friends, this food was so good, I literally just wanted to stuff it all in my mouth so I could taste it more. I probably won't go anywhere else to eat in Little Italy from now on. A-MAZING.

Check it out: http://tommasos.com

My review? Food so good, it makes you wanna slap yo mama...

No comments:

Post a Comment