Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Deep Thought: Soccer

Deep thoughts by Jack Handey, I mean Lara Jackson.

Okay, I'll share one from Jack:
http://www.deepthoughtsbyjackhandey.com/media.asp?file=150

Now, here's my deep thought. Sorry for the slightly bitter tone, but it's my blog, and I'll be bitter if I want to.

There is a certain group of American males that cannot seem to appreciate the sport of soccer and complain throughout the World Cup on facebook, twitter, etc about it. (I typically picture this group of males grunting while they watch AMERICAN football. You know the ones I'm talking about--they say soccer is boring, too slow, blah, blah, blah. It does not take a genius to figure out that AMERICAN football scores would be lower if each touchdown were not worth 6 points--I think this math may be too difficult though as many of them cannot seem to understand.) If the entire world says that soccer is the best sport, why can they not appreciate it or at least shut up until the World Cup is over? It's not like those of us who like soccer complain throughout the year while football and basketball dominate the sports channels and a lot of network prime time. Needless to say, their ignorance (is that the right word?) bugs me and makes me want to kick a soccer ball at their faces.

Love,
Lara

P.S. Soccer is the most popular youth sport in America.

P.P.S. I bet if the U.S. wins the World Cup, the previously mentioned group of men will be waving the American flag and acting like they actually know what off sides means.

1 comment:

  1. Haha..this was funny. I forgot how much I love watching soccer. I haven't watched a game in so long and the fact that we don't have extended cable means that I've only seen the first match...I got so excited the whole game. Now I just search the internet for highlights. =) ...and I bet you could hit them (those that speak negative words about one of the toughest sports and most fun sports to play) from many yards away...you should see if they're up for the challenge. LOL

    ReplyDelete