Monday, June 1, 2009

Retirement

(Disclaimer: I really do love my job. It is a blessing for which I am very thankful. I won't be leaving it any time soon.)

I told David that after he gets a job as a police officer I am going to retire. He laughed at me. I wasn't joking. Maybe it's just me, but not working sounds like more fun than working. It would be incredible how clean my house would stay and how great the meals I could cook would be. Not to mention that I would get to do some killer workouts during the day when I have a lot of energy. Hmmm...yes, retirement is the only option. I've always thought that we do it backwards. You shouldn't have to work until you are 50 years old. We should all go out and live it up when we are young. Climb mountains, see the world, stay up late. Then when we get older, we go to work. Sounds better to me, but maybe I'll see things differently when I'm 50 :)

2 comments:

  1. Lara,

    It's been a while...i know, but I just had to comment! I do have to say that this is the MOST PROFOUND thing that I have heard in a while! lol I will have to share this ideology with my husband. Live now! & Work later! hmmmmm...very tempting.

    It's awesome to hear how people's lives are being changed at the church in CA. That's what it's all about.
    Stay encouraged...yes, it's funny the financial seasons we go through, but they are just that...a season. Just keep reminding David that he's "the best man in the whole wide world" and praying for him and before you know it he'll be done and you'll have those 'extra dollars' to spare. :-)


    Blessings to you and David,
    Dimmis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lara,
    It is great to see you and David happily married.
    To answer you question about what it would be like to retire.....Now that David is 50 and I'm nipping at his heals at 48 ish, we would like to travel the world but for now he has retired from NCIS and is still working a different job to pay the bigger bills with 4 cars and two kids in college and collecting a retirement. He started as a police officer when we first got married then went federal 5 years later. I may re-enter the workforce to pay everything off and be completely debt free so we can play at 60. I do love staying home and taking care of the family and church,cooking , cleaning, beach....It's fun! I've done it now for 20 years and have gotten really good at it
    :-)
    Blessings to you both,
    Suzanne Anderson

    ReplyDelete