Friday, May 29, 2009

Secrets


I am currently entrusted with a couple of secrets from various people. I'm not talking gossip-type secrets just personal things that shouldn't be made public. What is it about knowing a secret that makes you feel good? I think it is the intimacy that someone else has told you something that is close to their heart. It is also special because you were chosen to keep that information out of everyone else that could have known it.


As much as I like knowing secrets, I hate it when someone keeps a secret from me. I just ask and ask until I get a hint or clue. Usually, this happens when someone is trying to surprise me with something. As much as I love being surprised, I don't like waiting for it. I think waiting for David to propose was the biggest challenge.


Little kids are hilarious when they know a secret because it never stays a secret for long. They don't have the filter that prevents them from talking about something even though they have been told to not talk about it. I'm still a child in this way. The better the secret, the more I want to tell it. I have learned a little self control though, so your secrets are safe with me.


Are you good at keeping secrets? If you aren't, post one in my comments! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment