Thursday, May 21, 2009

Serious slacker


Alright all of my blog friends, I apologize. I have been a serious slacker. I know. Life has been CRAZY busy in the last month.


Here are a few updates:


Remnant--is amazing. God is adding to us every Sunday. This past Sunday was the highest attendance we have ever had (excluding our launch and Easter). We have a team of people who are committed and there every week now. That is a huge blessing because for the first few months I would hold my breath from about 9:45am-10:15am wondering who might show up. We are literally seeing lives change in ways that I have never seen in my past church experiences. We have a group of homeless people who show up weekly. After church last Sunday, one of them came up to Pastor Mark and showed Pastor his forearms. He said with a huge smile on his face, "I've been clean for 2 weeks!" We also have a man who comes every week with his wife who was the biggest meth dealer in our city. I know these seem like the dramatic cases, but it is really what God is doing! He is entrusting us with people that need real life change. He has brought us other people who were coasting in their relationships with God and are now completely sold out for Jesus. I could go on and on.....oh, one more thing. We are in a series called Cheers right now. It is all about communion. Last Sunday, we took communion for the first time as a church, and it was like you've never seen communion before. We all had shot glasses that say Remnant Church on them, and it was a huge celebration! No somber, sad communion. I encourage you to listen to the podcast at http://www.remnantloves.me/ in order to really understand what I mean.


David--getting ready to go into the Police Academy. He passed his physical tests and was accepted! This is so exciting because it is really what is in his heart to do. I am so proud of him. He has been working really hard and overtime right now to save up for the time he will be in the Academy. He is just an amazing leader.


House--in contract! We are (hopefully) in the final stages of getting our house. The picture posted with this is where we will live if everything goes well. One thing I love is that it has a huge yard. In CA, almost no one has a big yard. A lot of houses have no yard at all. I grew up with an enormous yard and a wooded lot next door. So, I can't imagine not having some space. I think we are going to have an amazing testimony when this is all said and done, but I'll save that for a later blog...I have to give you SOMETHING to come back for in the future.


Let me know what you have been doing!


1 comment:

  1. Yay...for blogging! Such great things about Remnant! God is truly in control! Love hearing about that. I've been waiting for the next post. =) I have to admit that I haven't been the greatest at blogging either. Wow...I can't believe David is going into the police academy. That is great! Tell him congratulations for me. I'll have to let Chad know. Glad to hear you're about to get a house.

    ReplyDelete