Monday, April 6, 2009

Casting Stones, Washing Hands


It is funny how God will speak the same things to you through several different people or ways. Recently, I listened to a Bill Johnson message about how to deal with people who are in sinful situations. He said most people either pick up stones and judge like they did with the woman caught in the act of adultery, or they wash their hands of the situation like Pontius Pilate so that no matter what happens they end up looking righteous. Jesus reacted to people in these situations by showing mercy--not giving people the judgement they deserved. Every morning, God's mercies are new for us. I challenge you this week to drop stones you may have ready to throw, get your hands dirty, and show mercy.

1 comment:

  1. yea! you aren't a blog wuss! I'm so proud! I gave a KL talk about this once.. It was one of my favorites. That and one where I give profiles of 3 pretend people I draw and have the kids "vote" which one would go to heaven. It ends with crosses being drawn over each of the people, and it's out of Romans- essentially the pagan, moral man, and Jew and all need Christ. Oh and the one where I talked about how often we want things that look good to us (BIG piece of chocolate) but God offers us something so much better (little piece of chocolate) if we're willing to accept it. The big piece of choc is later revealed to be a choc laxative. Dang I'm creative.

    ReplyDelete