Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I want...

I know this is going to sound very selfish/western/superficial, but I don't care. I'm saying it anyway. I want some new clothes. Since moving to CA, we have been on a really tight budget. This means I have bought like 3 new articles of clothing in about a year. Right now, we are working on getting the Benz fixed, paying for a house and ALL of the costs associated with that, and putting David through the Police Academy. AKA: Our budget is tighter than ever.

All of that being said, I am really tired of everything I have to wear. I am tired of feeling out of style or style-less because I am not updating my wardrobe. I resort to wearing t-shirts most of the time because I just don't feel like putting on any of my "nice" clothes. This is probably only compounding my problem. Working from home does not help my sense of feeling bad about clothes. Most days, I work in a t-shirt and soccer shorts or something comparable. On the bad days, I wear my pj's until mid-afternoon. Even though it is great to have the flexibility of not being forced to dress up every day, it is nice to feel like you look nice. Working from home does not give me much motivation, since no one sees me.

I have given up even looking at new clothes because I know it just isn't an option. Right now, that would be a waste of money when there are so many necessary bills. I don't look at anything when I'm in the mall. I am a great bargain shopper, but my talents can't be used. It is very sad.

I think I need to find a rich friend who wants to buy me presents. Anyone know someone like that? LOL....well, maybe I'll just be patient and know that this is only a season. I am not in need of anything. That is something to be thankful for....but I really do want some new clothes.

2 comments:

  1. Any great thrift stores?? and you have to sort through a lot of stuff but have found some great stuff at Goodwills....just a thought for a day when you have nothing to do lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Paula. Also, I try to find friends that are sick of their clothes too and do some trading. I have heard of people having parties where they all bring clothes they don't like or that don't fit and several people get to trade stuff at once. My daughter does it all the time with her aunt. When one gains weight it seems the other looses. Do you remember how Kristen Larkin used to layer some of the cutest things and make her own style?(she should be a fashion designer)Layer some things you have and don't be afrain to pull out the scissors and cut off a few things and re arrange them. I used to do that all the time and sew things by hand. Still do. I bought my daughter a dress for 1.87 at goodwill and she gets compliments all the time. The Lord has blessed you with creativity! I'm excited to hear what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete