Saturday, June 20, 2009

Why I Love My Dad the Best









When I was in elementary school, there was this contest with the local newspaper every year around Father's Day. Elementary students had to write a paragraph or so about why they loved their dad the best. The newspaper would publish this special insert with the responses. The top three kids who apparently REALLY loved their dads the best won some sort of prize. Needless to say, I must not have ever loved him the best or had enough eloquent words at 8 years old to express it because I never won. In honor of Father's Day, I would like you to leave a comment with the rest of this statement filled in: I love my Dad the best because...

(P.S. I know I said I was taking a blog break, but I couldn't stay away.)

(P.P.S. I have recently found out that there are many more of you out there reading this who don't subscribe and don't ever leave comments. I know it can feel weird to leave comments on someone else's blog, but don't. I read other blogs, and it took me a while to have the courage to actually leave a comment. I want to encourage you start subscribing or to at least leave a comment. It makes my day!)

(P.P.P.S. These are pics of my dad.)

4 comments:

  1. I try to leave comments, but it doesn't like me. In fact I've created 2 profiles but it still rejects me and says their invalid when I try. Yours should say, "I love my dad the best because we both have issues with people touching our noses."

    ReplyDelete
  2. crud. I meant they're.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really encouraging. I usually talk myself into not commenting because I need time to write a response, then I talk myself into not leaving a response... SOOOO I'm breaking the no commenting habit off starting now!

    I love my daddy the best because he has a really caring heart and will stop at nothing to help out his family.


    p.s.I enjoy reading your blogs and now I'm going to enjoy commenting!

    ReplyDelete