Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Carrying Burdens

I listened to a podcast from Elevation Church (www.elevationchurch.org) yesterday, and one verse from the message really stuck out. The Bible says to cast all of our cares on Him because He cares for us. However in reality, most of us don't give Jesus our cares very effectively. We know the verse but just have trouble actually doing what it says. Why is that? Do we think that God doesn't really care enough to fix it? Do we think He isn't able? Do we think He doesn't hear? Maybe it is a combination of all of those things. Instead of just resting in Him, we continue to haul all of our burdens around like we're carrying 400 lb tumors. Worry, stress, and anxiety are all simply cancerous in spiritual terms. They drain away our focus, our joy, and our victory in Christ. Who would want to be a Christian like me when I don't look any better off than they are?

My challenge this week is to REALLY cast my cares on Jesus knowing assuredly that He cares for me....and then not pick up those cares anymore no matter how the situation looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment