Tuesday, June 2, 2009

No Mas


Well friends, I must admit. Fasting has not been my strong point....ever. Especially, now. I just don't really enjoy it. Does anyone really enjoy fasting? Well, they must be much more spiritual than me. Since being out here in CA, Pastor Mark has really helped our team with understanding about why we do spiritual disciplines like fasting. It is to focus on Jesus. I think a lot of the fasts I've done in the past have been really motivated by other things or totally unfocused altogether.


So lately, I have been eating way too much of my favorite dessert...ice cream. I am feeling the need to give it up for a while which seems inconvenient because it is just starting to get really hot here. Beginning tomorrow (I have about 1/2 pint of Ben & Jerry's in the freezer right now that must be polished off today), I'm saying no mas to ice cream and mas to Jesus. (Mas=more for all of you English speakers.) Pray for me....in my mind, this doesn't sound fun, but my spirit says "Let's do this."


Favorite ice cream? Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby. It is oh so delightful. What is yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment