Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Age

So much of America's culture is focused on youth and staying young....right now, looking young is actually a hard position for me. On the job, I regularly meet with Superintendents of school districts and other people who have been working in education for 20+ years. And I look young to them...very young. I realize that I look young and have to compensate with my level of professionalism and level of confidence.

I joked with one of my co-workers that I need a aging make up kit that I can pull out before important work meetings. Add some wrinkles...add some gray hair and voila! My outside will match my job....

On the other hand, I think I'd rather just impress them and let them think what they want about my age. Anyone else have unique challenges at work?

No comments:

Post a Comment