Tuesday, March 24, 2009

O to the C to the D

Have you ever noticed how different people are OCD about different things? Examples: My dad counts the items he keeps in his pockets every time he gets up and is in public. (Pocket knife, money, silver dollar, etc.) My mom is obsessed with the security of our credit cards and with safety issues in general. David thinks that if you don't gargle with the nastiest version of Listerine (the orange/tan colored kind) that your mouth isn't very clean.

I know I have my share of OCD moments. They include but aren't limited to: keeping chapstick and lotion handy at all times, never getting on an airplane without a bottle of water, not touching anything--faucet, paper towel dispenser, door handle--after washing my hands in public, avoiding condiments on my sandwiches even if it means going hungry, cleaning the lint out of the lint trap in the dryer, and checking to make sure there aren't any bed bugs in my hotel rooms (this is a recent addition).

I know I should probably get over some of these things...but I haven't yet.

What are you OCD about?

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree with your mom on that safety stuff....my biggest thing is DON"T TEXT AND DRIVE!!! Well....I have others too!! But we will leave it at that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Lara! I am OCD as well. I check the sheets in hotels, empty dryer lint, chronic handwasher, lotion, chapstick, baby wipes, don't touch doorhandles with my most used fingers, feels dirty when i do, don't touch handles of spoons at a buffet,I hold it right before the spoon part, etc, etc, etc! We are so alike in that way!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete