Sunday, August 2, 2009

Jesus Culture

So, I recently attended Jesus Culture....check it out here if you are unfamiliar with what it's all about: http://www.jesusculture.org/. It was pretty much amazing. Here is how I can best explain it using incomplete sentences:

1. People my age and younger who are passionate about Jesus.
2. Music that is off the chain. Seriously. How do that many amazingly talented people all gather in one location? (oops...part of that was a complete sentence)
3. Miracles--lots of people unleashed to pray for strangers in public with huge expectations=God shows up.
4. Bill Johnson. Enough said.
5. Large numbers of men wearing deep v-neck shirts and/or skinny jeans. (Don't understand? Come to Nor-Cal and you will.)
6. Revelation being dropped like it's hot.
7. Seeing people get rocked (by God) and all of the funny things that happen when that happens.
8. Learning that God is not good at hiding...just ask me and I can explain.
9. Remembering my personal call and what God has made me to be passionate about.
10. Kim Walker, Chris Quilala, Joel Houston--yes from Hillsong. Again, enough said.
11. Soaking.
12. Creating a personal history with God--what you do in secret sets you up for what God wants to do in public.
13. Lots of people with very cool haircuts. (I've made a resolution to soon shed my mid-western-ness, and do something crazy with my hair.)

That's it in a nutshell...love to tell you about it if you want to hear! (How can you really write an adequate blog about a 2.5 day all out Jesus-fest that totally refreshes you? I'm not sure it's possible.)

P.S. Buy the new Jesus Culture CD "Consumed." You will not be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment