Friday, December 4, 2009

Possibly the best compliment ever

I was at the couples small group last night, and one of the ladies approached me to talk with me privately. She wanted to talk about the women's Momentum meeting that we had both attended about a week and a half ago. Amanda did a great teaching about the Proverbs 31 woman and really broke down what it looks like to be that woman of power and virtue. This friend said to me that when she was thinking of the Proverbs 31 woman all she could think about was me!

I, of course, got all teary eyed. It was such a sweet compliment. I'm not writing this blog to brag about myself but to glorify God. He has truly done a work in me if that is how other people see me. I used to read Proverbs 31 almost every day and had most of it memorized. (Let's just say I may have slipped on that practice.) However, it really is the desire of my heart to be like that woman. She is an example that God set in the scriptures for all of us ladies to follow.

I think that it is really important that God never gives her a name. He names other women: Ruth, Deborah, Mary, Priscilla, etc. He never names her though. I think it is because He wants us to put our name in that Proverb and see ourselves as her.

That may have been the best compliment I have ever received. It has definitely motivated me to study Proverbs 31 again and sharpen myself in the areas that I fall short.

I encourage you to read Proverbs 31 in the amplified version. Praise God for forming us into such beauties!

1 comment:

  1. That is definitely a beautiful compliment! I love how the Proverbs 31 woman is an example of doing everything right. Providing for the home and having a husband who safely trusts her.

    ReplyDelete