Monday, October 26, 2009

Friends & Good Hair

I just had a really fun (and tiring) weekend. The entire weekend was pretty much consumed with being involved in other people's lives...wedding showers, meals together, just hanging out, etc. It has been a really long time since I've had a weekend like that, and it felt great to be with people and just love on them and relate.

The combo of moving away from so many great friends in Indiana and me traveling alone so much for my job really left me in relationship shock. I went from people constantly to alone (or just with David) almost all of the time. I think I just went into some kind of survival mode where I thought that being alone was really normal. This weekend helped remind me that I am really a people person. I love just doing life with great people. I know that is a weird thing to have forgotten, but it happened.

When I am in town, I am going to make a much better effort at being proactive and pursuing people. I need it in order to be the best version of me.

P.S. David and I saw the Chris Rock documentary Good Hair. I highly recommend it. It was very funny, mostly clean, and totally interesting. Since I could potentially have a girl child one day who faces these hair issues, I was fascinated. Plus during college, I had a brief stint cutting African American women's hair...and I have to say that I was pretty amazing at it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment