Friday, July 10, 2009

Wow--ness.

I'm baaaaack. It has been two crazy weeks. David and I officially closed on our house. God has saved us an amazing amount of money through this whole process. We got the house for $5,000 less than what we offered (which over time with interest is much more than just $5,000)! Plus, the seller bought our stove, repaired a leak in the roof, and fixed a wall inside that was damaged. That totaled at about $1,700 in repairs/appliances that we would otherwise have to fund. Yeah God! Because the market crashed so hard out here, we were able to buy the house at 1/2 the price it cost when someone bought it in 2005. Wow! God moved us out here at the exact right time for us to be able to afford a house.

We are moved in and getting things really arranged now. It is starting to feel like home. Now, it's on to painting walls and finding a puppy :) I promise that I will post pictures soon. (I'm going to get rid of boxes first.)

David goes into the Police Academy on Monday which is such a huge step. Please pray that he gets picked up to work for the right department where God wants him to be. We are super excited about this next phase and for his career to grow. I'll also post pictures of David in uniform. I have a very good looking husband ladies.

I'm glad to be back and writing again. So many exciting things happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment